How many times did you ask yourself in the last six months if your current job is the right career for you? Conversely, how many times did you ask yourself if the company’s position is not proper for you? Otherwise, if you are the problem, are you not good at all at your current job?
In an article of 2019, we can see that employees in the UK are the most unsatisfied with their job in Europe, with 59% wanting to change careers.
Are you one of them? Did you ask yourself lately the questions above? Or you don’t know yet which symptoms are the ones of being in a wrong career choice?
Here I compiled the ten signs that your career is not the right choice for you.
- You hate Mondays: Starting on Sunday afternoon, you begin feeling dreed, rage, sadness. You want to cry without any reason. Only the thought that tomorrow is morning, and you need to work, make you go to bed and hide under the covers. Then comes Monday, and you start to think about Friday, counting down the days.
- Your off days are never enough: You count the days off, try to stack them with the bank holidays, you are not even coming back from one period of annual leave, and you are looking when you can take the next. And before you are coming back, you feel the same as you feel every Sunday afternoon.
- Your career does not support your values or goals: You don’t feel aligned with your job. You don’t feel like going anywhere. Is a high possibility that you don’t even know your core values. Subscribe and discover them. Do you know your vision? Where do you want to be in 5 years? Go to my blog to work on it.
- You are bored at work: When you start your day, you are already bored, none of your daily tasks like you, and you spend the day browsing new jobs online, browsing Amazon. All that can make go the day quicker.
- You feel that you are stuck: You think that you have been there for so long, and is no improvement in your role, you always do the same, and you don’t even see what the future holds.
- You are constantly browsing for new job opportunities: You continuously check for new jobs, but you feel lost on what to do if you keep pursuing the same industry or go for a career change.
- You still there because you think you need it: You keep looking for excuses to do not make a change and not get out of your comfort zone. You need the money; you have no energy to look for other jobs; you do not know what to do.
- You don’t see any possibility of growing or learning: You have been in your current job a long time and are not moving on increasing to a higher position or learning something new at your everyday work.
- You function on autopilot: Your tasks are always the same and repetitive, that you do it automatically like a robot.
- You are reading this right now! You are here, and this is a sign, trust your gut.
Have you found yourself identified in any of these ten signs? If the answer is yes, it is time to take action.
Changing it is scary for everyone, but remaining the same and unhappy is not a better option. For me, it is not even an option.
If you are still undecided if you need a career change or are on the wrong career path, or if it’s you, that is not good enough. So instead, ask yourself these three questions.
- What are the main issues in my job that make me feel unhappy?
- Am I taking responsibility for my career happiness?
- How my career is providing meaning? (this is my why?) Check my blog to find an exercise to discover your career mission.
And take into count the number 10 sign of the wrong career path. You are here today because you look for it. Something is telling you already that this is not working out for you. Do not ignore your gut.
As I advise in my past blogs, please don’t wait until you are desperate or too frustrated to change. Because desperation is not a good friend to have taking decisions, because when we are desperate, we want a quick fix, and a career change needs to be planned and strategized.
Life is happening right now, and time is the only thing we will never get back, to lose it in a job where we spent most of our time that we hate.
If you feel that you are in the wrong career, it is time to move. If you think you want to change, but the idea paralyzes you because of the fear of moving out of your comfort zone, then look for help because I’m sorry to break it to you. It won’t change by itself. So let’s have a free vibe call.